We are an established digital marketing agency looking for an experienced and ambitious digital marketer looking to take the next step in their career. This is a fully remote role, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t feel part of the team. As we are a small business, we are looking for someone who shares our values, cares about clients, likes to get involved in decisions and agency life, gets to know the people they work with and is looking to build a career in a supportive environment.
At Common Ground, every member of staff is responsible for their own client list and due to increasing demand, we are looking to expand our team with an SEO Manager.
As an experienced SEO, the right person will come in and hit the ground running, quickly getting to grips with our processes and taking sole responsibility for their clients. Once you’ve demonstrated you’ve got to grips with the role and our processes, we will then look to you to use your experience and knowledge to develop the team and our processes to deliver repeatable growth for clients.
SEO Managers will have the freedom to create strategy and define the KPIs, implement the SEO campaigns through some hands-on involvement and managing your freelance/internal resources, be the main point of contact for a number of key clients, and produce reports/client updates. Most importantly you’ll be producing measurable results for our clients and spotting new opportunities for growth.
As part of this role, we will also be looking for you to identify and present new opportunities to grow our clients and the services we provide them.
Common Ground offers a supportive environment to learn and develop your skills and this opportunity has fantastic scope for progression.
- Directly managing top tier clients
- Managing and developing a team of SEO executives
- Client profitability and growth
- Strategy creation and KPI setting
- Some hands-on implementation of SEO campaigns, but mainly using internal and external resources to deliver the campaigns
- Identification and management of external resources
- Reporting on client performance
- Leading client meetings/calls
- Driving SEO product and process development
- Supporting the rest of the team
- Keep up to date with market and technology-related developments
- Input into agency decision making and problem-solving
- Involvement in our own marketing through presentations and thought leadership
The ideal candidate would have/be…
- 36+ months of SEO experience either in an agency or inhouse (with SEO being your primary job function)
- Demonstrable results from your own digital campaigns
- Demonstrable experience of managing and developing a team
- Advanced knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of lead generation techniques
- Understanding of PPC and paid social (how, when and why to use them)
- Significant experience of managing clients or senior leaders directly
- Confident communicator and a good level of written English
- Significant experience of Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Expert knowledge of industry tools, such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, and Screaming Frog
- Good level of proficiency with Google Sheets, Docs and Slides
- High levels of organisational and project/time management skills
- Someone who wants to be social
- Happy to work from home
- Willing to commute for meet ups when required
Would suit someone that is…
- Bright (this doesn’t mean a degree)
- Looking to make an impact
- Cares about their clients and the business
- Not someone looking just to pick up a paycheque
Common Ground was formed by Dan & Matt, both highly experienced and enthusiastic digital marketers and business people. As a company, we are committed to delivering exceptional results for our clients, constantly evolving and improving our approach, and supporting our team to develop and grow.
We have a mix of clients at different stages of their business growth and across different sectors, although we work best with (and have multiple clients in) B2B SaaS and technology. We recruit clients we are excited to work with, who are willing to work closely with us and listen to our advice, and for who we firmly believe we can make a difference to their business. We do not chase every client opportunity presented to us.
Common Ground won’t suit everyone, we are very passionate about what we deliver, how we do it and constant improvement. However, it is the perfect place for people who want to be supported to develop and progress in their careers.
What Our Team Say About Working at Common Ground
- I feel trusted in the role – James – Content Consultant
- They have given me plenty of advice and support as my career has developed – Olu – Digital Consultant
- At Common Ground you have the flexibility of working from home without missing out on a chatty office environment – Charley – Paid Media Consultant
- I joined the team 3 years ago and it’s the best move I’ve made in my professional career – Sam – head of Paid Media
- £35,000 – £40,000 salary
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours around core hours
- Pension, sick pay and maternity/paternity leave
- Personal development budget
- Bonuses linked to company performance
- Choice of Mac or high spec laptop
- Access to industry-leading software
- Two external monitors, remote mouse and keyboard
- Clear job role and mapped progression
- Input into company decisions and work benefits
- Quarterly socials
- Christmas and Summer parties