We are an established digital marketing agency looking for an experienced and ambitious digital marketer looking to take the next step in their career. This is a fully remote role, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t feel part of the team. As we are a small business, we are looking for someone who shares our values, cares about clients, likes to get involved in decisions and agency life, gets to know the people they work with and is looking to build a career in a supportive environment.
At Common Ground, every member of staff is responsible for their own client list and due to increasing demand, we are looking to expand our team.
The right person will initially support a more senior member of the team while they learn our processes and clients. Once you’ve demonstrated you’ve got to grips with the basics, you will then transition to running your own clients with support where required, taking full responsibility for all aspects of those client relationships.
Once you’re managing your own clients you will create the strategy and define the KPIs, implement the SEO campaigns through both hands-on involvement and managing your freelance/internal resources, be the main point of contact for client communication, and produce reports/client updates. Most importantly you’ll be producing measurable results for our clients.
We believe that client success is repeatable using the processes we have developed. You will be supported to learn (by doing, documentation and videos) and deploy them, as well as having input into developing them further.
Common Ground offers a supportive environment to learn and develop your skills and this opportunity has fantastic scope for progression.
- Managing a handful of small/medium clients
- Supporting work on larger clients
- Strategy creation and KPI setting
- Hands-on implementation of SEO campaigns (supported by tech, content, and link specialists)
- Efficient management of external resources
- Reporting on client performance
- Training junior members of the team
- Organise & attend client meetings/calls
- Supporting SEO product and process development
- Supporting the rest of the team
- Keep up to date with market and technology-related developments
- Input into agency decision making and problem-solving
- Involvement in our own marketing
The ideal candidate would have/be…
- 18-36 months of SEO experience either in an agency or inhouse (with SEO being your primary job function)
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of SEO
- Experience of managing clients or senior leaders directly
- Confident communicator and a good level of written English
- Significant experience of Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Experience of industry tools, such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, and Screaming Frog
- Good level of proficiency with Google Sheets, Docs and Slides
- Effective organisational and project/time management skills
- Someone who wants to be social
- Happy to work from home
- Willing to commute for meet ups when required
Would suit someone that is…
- Bright (this doesn’t mean a degree)
- Looking to make an impact
- Cares about their clients and the business
- Not someone looking just to pick up a paycheque
Common Ground was formed by Dan & Matt, both highly experienced and driven digital marketers and business people. As a company, we are committed to delivering exceptional results for our clients, constantly evolving and improving our approach, and pushing our team to develop and grow. We are always trying to improve, whether that is the team, client results, or processes; and we love to try new/different things.
Our client mix ranges from smaller local businesses to large multinational household brands. However, what relates them all is we recruit clients we are excited to work with, who are willing to work closely with us and listen to our advice, and for who we firmly believe we can make a difference to their business. We do not chase every client opportunity presented to us.
Common Ground won’t suit everyone, we are very passionate about what we deliver, how we do it, and constant improvement. However, it is the perfect place for people who want to be supported to step out of their comfort zone and be better today than they were yesterday.
What Our Team Say About Working at Common Ground
We do an annual anonymous feedback survey. Our most recent feedback from the team was:
- Employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS) of +43 (eNPS scores within the range -10 and +20 are relatively normal)
- “Supportive managers/leaders”
- “Really nice people to work with”
- “Like the culture, good place to work”
- “Understanding managers/leaders”
- “Really happy here”
- “Incredible support”
- “Meet ups a really nice and a good way to make connections”
“I joined the team 3 years ago and it’s the best move I’ve made in my professional career” – Sam – head of Paid Media
- £30,000 – £36,000 salary
- 100% remote (with the exception of one meetup a quarter)
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Duvet days
- Flexible working hours around core hours
- Pension, sick pay and maternity/paternity leave
- Personal development budget
- Bonuses linked to personal and company performance
- Clear job role and mapped progression
- Input into company decisions and work benefits
- Quarterly socials
- Benefits added/reviewed annually